- Poster board in two colors
- Florist's foam
- Small wooden skewers
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Variegated boxwood
- Blue statice
two different colors serve as
a template for cutting the
1. Cut two 2-1/2-inch-wide equilateral triangles from poster board. These are your templates for cutting the florist's foam. Interweave the triangles to make a six-pointed star. Make sure your menorah can fit inside the center of the star, with room for the boxwood and statice to cover the inside edges of the foam.
2. Using the template as a guide, cut florist's foam to form a star. Use wooden skewers and small dots of hot glue to hold the floral foam pieces together. Do not use too much glue because it will interfere with inserting the flowers into the foam.
3. Cut the boxwood and statice into short sprigs. Following the poster-board template, begin inserting the sprigs into the florist's foam, working with one color at a time. Pack the boxwood and statice as tightly as possible.
4. Nestle the menorah into the star.