What You Need:
for all ages.
- Blocks of translucent (glycerin) soap in pink, blue, and green (available at crafts stores)
- Block of opaque white soap (available at crafts stores)
- Sharp knife
- Glass container for melting soap
- Purchased soap mold, deep plastic cookie cutter, or desired mold shape
- Aluminum foil
1. To make checkerboard soap, cut a 3/8-inch slice of the pink soap. Cut that slice into nine cubes. Arrange five of the cubes in the bottom of the mold. Set aside. Cube the white soap into the glass container. Place in the microwave until just melted. Remove and let set until a film forms over the top. Push the film away with a toothpick and carefully pour the white soap into the mold over the pink soap. Let it set for a few minutes. Arrange the last four cubes of pink soap in openings between the first pink soap cubes. Finish filling the mold. Allow to cool thoroughly before removing from mold. 2. For striped or X and O soap, follow directions as for checkerboard soap, except cut strips of pink or a pink X and green O and lay in the bottom of the mold. 3. For the egg soap, place egg cookie cutter on a sheet of foil. Arrange shapes of soap on the foil. Slowly fill with white melted soap. Allow to cool. Remove soap from the cookie cutter.