Easy Road Map Folder Made from a Place Mat
Use a fabric place mat to create a road map organizer that fits easily into a glove compartment.
How to Make It
1. Fold up one-third of a place mat to form a pocket large enough to hold maps.
2. Mark button placement to the left and right edges of the front pocket.
3. Sew buttons as marked, sewing through both layers of the place mat. Knot firmly on the back.
4. Wrap lengths of ribbon around the flap that will fold over the map pocket; glue ribbons into place using fabric glue.
5. Glue wooden letters to the front of the fold-over flap using wood glue.