What You'll Need
- Photo album, approximately 10x15 inches
- Tape measure
- Blue wool (enough to cover album)
- Sewing machine
- Three neckties in coordinating colors
- 1/2 yard of 45-inch-widecotton lining
- Fabric glue
- Three embroidered or fabric letters
How To Make It
1. Lay album out flat and measure both front and back covers. Add 1/2 inch to both top and bottom measurements (for seam allowances) and approximately 8 inches to each side length for front and back flaps.
2. Cut a piece of blue wool to this measurement. Press under and stitch a narrow hem along each flap end.
3. Place the closed album in the center of the wool and fold fabric over to cover, with excess fabric for end flaps extending evenly. Position ties vertically on front cover and trim even with upper edge of cover; baste in place at seam line.
4. Reposition wool (with basted neckties in place) on album. Allowing for ease to fit, turn under wool to form flaps. Mark fold lines. Remove wool from album. Fold flaps in with their right sides facing the cover and the raw edges aligned; baste flaps along top and bottom seams.
5. Cut lining fabric with the same measurements as the cover with flaps basted in place. With right sides together, stitch lining to wool along top and bottom seam lines. Trim corners. Turn cover to right side; turn back flaps.
6. Slip album into cover. Glue neckties to wool cover using fabric glue. Glue letters to ties for personalization.