Have fun getting your hands messy with these mugs.
1. Wash the mug with soap and water. Rinse the mug well and let dry.
2. Use the flat brush to apply a coat of conditioner to the outside of the mug. Let the conditioner dry. Do not touch the cleaned and prepared surface.
3. Shake the paint bottle well and squeeze a dime-size dot of paint into the clean palm of your hand. (Ask a grown-up for a helping hand with this.) Use the flat brush to spread the paint, completely covering the entire palm side of your hand. To make a good hand print, the paint should be shiny and thick.
4. Place your paint-covered hand on the mug. To avoid smears, try not to move your fingers. Lift your hand straight up from the mug. Immediately wash your hand.
5. Dip the liner brush in paint and write your name beside the hand print. Let the paint dry completely.
6. When the paint is dry, use the flat brush to apply a coat of clear gloss glaze over the painted surface. Let the glaze dry for one hour and apply a second coat.
7. Be sure to wait 10 days before using and washing the mug, or the paint may come off.
Delta Technical Coatings (PermaEnamel paint) 2550 Pellissier Pl., Whittier, CA 90601-1505 800/423-4135 www.deltacrafts.com