What more does Dad need than a handkerchief that tells him how you really feel?
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Trace the pocket pattern, and cut out the pattern. Draw around the pattern shape two times on gray card stock. Cut out the two pockets.
3. Write your message to Dad on a piece of white paper first. When you like the results, lay the corner of the handkerchief over the paper, with the corner facing up; trace the message with fabric marker. Use red puffy paint to make a heart on the handkerchief, just above the message. Let the paint dry.
4. Cut a 1 inck-long strip of ribbon. Center and glue the ribbon to the top of one pocket 1/2-inch under the top edge. Glue the button over the center of the ribbon. Staple the two pockets together about 1/4-inch from the sides, leaving the top of the pocket open. Using glue, attach the ribbon to the front of the pocket, covering the staples. Tuck and glue the ends of the ribbon inside the pocket. Let the glue dry.
5. Cut a 6 x 9 inch rectangle from blue card stock. Fold the rectangle in half to make a 4-1/2 x 6-inch card. Use glue to attach the wrong side of the back pocket shape to the bottom center front of the card. Let the glue dry. Fold and tuck the handkerchief into the pocket with the decorated corner sticking out.