Transform a roll of refrigerated cookie dough into the quick-and-easy base for a child's birthday treat or an Easter dessert.
You can pat the cookie dough into any shape you like, such as a big bell for Christmas, a giant pumpkin for Halloween, or a huge heart for Valentine's Day. Just be sure the shape is the same thickness all over, so it will bake evenly.
1. Cut the cookie roll crosswise into thirds. On the bottom half of a large baking sheet pat 1 portion into a 6-inch circle to form the bunny's head.
2. Position the remaining 2 portions of dough atop head, and pat into 8-inch-long bunny ears.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until done. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet.
4. Transfer to a serving plate or wire rack. Cool about 30 minutes before decorating. Spread frosting over bunny to about 1 inch from the edges. Sprinkle with coconut.
5. Use candies to decorate as desired. After serving, store any leftover cookie, covered, at room temperature. Makes 16 to 20 servings.
Nutritional information per serving: 217 cal., 9 g fat, 0 mg chol., 170 mg sodium, 31 g carbo., 67 mg potassium, 2 g pro.