Easter gatherings are the perfect time to display these elegant eggs.
1. Pierce tiny holes on opposite ends of an egg if using real eggs. Poke a hole in the egg yolk. Blow the inside of egg into a bowl. Discard or use the inside.
2. Choose color combinations for your eggs. These pearlized colors were used in combinations of three colors; yellow, white, and pink; yellow, white, and green; pink, white, and lavender; lavender, white, and blue; and blue, white, and green.
3. Place the three colors of paint on a foam plate. Use small amounts, about the size of a quarter. Soak a sponge in water and squeeze out the excess. Begin sponging on one color on one end, rinse out sponge, and apply the other color.
4. Add and sponge in white where you want colors to lighten. Sponge and blend colors together until the desired look is achieved.
5. Display the eggs in a glass bowl with white sand, shells, and pearls.