Nested Egg Placeholders
Personalize and decorate plastic Easter eggs for your special guests.
Upload your photo here.
What You Need:Add a handful of treats to these fun-to-make placeholders and perk up a table setting.
- 2-inch-tall mini terra-cotta pot
- Acrylic paints (pastel colors and parchment-white)
- Paint markers (purple and assorted pastels)
- 2-inch-diameter plastic egg
- Easter grass in a pastel color
- Low-temperature glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Tracing paper
- Crafts foam (white, green, and pink or yellow)
3. Fill the painted pot with grass, gluing it around the rim. Glue the base of the egg on top.
4. Trace the flower and leaf patterns onto tracing paper and cut them out. (Downloading pattern requires Adobe Acrobat.) From crafts foam, cut out two green leaves, one white flower, and one pastel flower. Glue the two flowers together in the center; then tuck the leaves between the flowers. Fill the egg with candies.
One more idea...
- Decorate the eggs only, fill a pretty basket with them, and give one to each special little guest.
Also try this...
- Use fabric paint markers to decorate napkins to match the painted egg motifs.