Part of the spring fun is making your own Easter and May Day baskets for friends.
All these simple carriers are made with the same basic pattern and materials.
1. Trace patterns onto colored construction paper.
2. Fold sides into center of basket; glue or staple square end flaps over triangle flaps.
1. Cut out wings, beak, and tail from enlarged pattern.
2. Fold pieces along dotted lines, then glue to basket. Use a marker to draw eyes.
3. Attach handle with glue or staples.
1. Cut rounded scoops into top edges of basket.
2. With marker, draw twigs on sides. Cut out handle and leaves from enlarged pattern.
3. Attach handle with glue or staples. Attach leaves to handle.
1. Cut 1/2- to 1-inch downward slits from top edges of basket.
2. Attach handle with glue or staples.
3. Cut flowers from bright paper. Glue onto handle.