Sow the seeds for a happy spring with this fun, cheery card. To make the front of this matchbook-style card, lightly pencil the words onto lime card stock, and cut out the letters with a crafts knife. Fill in the open letters with scraps of colored card stock. Inside the card, mount colorful punched flowers along the folded bottom band.What You Need:
- Card stock: white, lime, yellow, tangerine, hot pink, and bright purple
- Crafts knife and cutting mat
- Fiskars items as follows:
Flower and small hole hand punches
- Leaf Paper Edgers
- Marvy Uchida Super Jumbo Flower punch (for large flowers and for leaves)
- All Night Media items as follows:
5/8-inch circle punch
- Premier Grip miniature brass paper fasteners
1. Take card-making inspiration from familiar little matchbook covers and tuck a front flap neatly into a folded bottom edge. From 6 x 10-5/8-inch card stock, fold up 1 inch twice along the lower edge, as shown in the Folding Diagram.
2. Glue the lower edge of the band to the card, leaving the top edge free to hold the front flap of the card. Score and fold lines at 3-7/8 inches and 3/8 inch from the top of the card.
3. Punch and assemble clouds, flowers, stems, leaves, and flower centers from card stock. Assemble and secure the embellishments to the inside of the card. Tuck the flap into the folded band, as shown in the Assembly Diagram.Buyer's Guide:
All Night Media 800/STAMPED www.plaidonline.com
Fiskars 7811 W. Stewart Ave. Wausau, WI 54401 715/842-2091
Marvy/Uchida 3535 Del Amo Blvd. Torrance, CA 90503 310/793-2200 www.uchida.com