What happens when two little girls run out of eggs to dye for Easter? It means it's time to move on to T-shirts!
- Easter egg-coloring photos
- 2-12"-square archival-quality album pages
- Acid-free card stock in pink, yellow, purple, green, and blue
- Acid-free card stock in desired hair colors
- Watercolor pencils and a small paintbrush
- Marvy/Uchida Corner Rounder punch
- Craf-T Products decorating chalk
- Provo Craft items as follows: Coluzzle system and circle, oval, and Puffy letters; Coluzzle templates; watercolor papers in various colors; Tie-Dye patterned paper from the Awesome Athletes Scrap Pad; scallop decorative-edge scissors
- Fiskars Microtip straight scissors
- Black ZIG Writer marking pen
- Sakura Pigma Micron 01 pen
- Acid-free glue
1. Touch a wet paintbrush to the watercolor pencils and paint a border all around the edges of the white card stock; keep the edges wet to get a nice blended effect.
2. Mount the photos on the watercolor pattern papers; trim the corners with the Corner Rounder punch.
3. Create the girl dolls by using the circle and oval Coluzzle templates. Cut the faces using the medium circle. Cut the bangs and headbands using the medium circle. Cut the bangs circles in half and trim the slits freehand. Cut crescents from the headband circles. Glue the headbands on top of the bangs and then glue the bangs onto the faces.
4. Mount the faces onto the appropriate card stocks for the hair and trim the hair freehand to the desired style. Draw the faces with the black Writer and color the cheeks with chalk. Cut two small circles and mount them behind the faces for the neckline. Cut medium ovals and trim them with scallop scissors to create the hands. Cut the top of the T-shirts using the large oval. Cut the oval in half to create the top of the T-shirts and the sleeve edges. Glue the girls around the silhouetted photo of the eggs in the bowl
5. Cut out the title letters using the Coluzzle Puffy letters template. Glue down the photos, title, and girls to the background.
6. Outline the letters, eggs, and girls with the Micron pen. Finish the title with the ZIG Writer and add the journaling with the Micron pen.
Continued on page 8: Easter Dresses