1. Download the free pattern. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.) Before beginning, wash the glassware and let it dry. Be careful not to touch the areas to be painted.
2. Using the photographs for inspiration, decide how you want to paint the jars. Most of these designs are painted freehand. To paint the floral jar, trace the pattern onto tracing paper. Trim any extra paper away from the design. Tape the pattern to the inside of the candy jar. Using a wide flat paintbrush, paint the background stripes. Let dry.
3. Paint the flower motif, painting over the stripes. Let the paint dry. Add the flower center, leaves, outlines, and highlights. Let the paint dry.
4. To make dots, dip the eraser end of a pencil into paint and dot on the surface of the jar. To paint smaller dots, dip the handle end of a paintbrush into paint.
5. To make small squares, make short strokes using a flat paintbrush. Let the paint dry.