Everyday candles take on special holiday flair when encircled with cranberry-threaded gold wire rings. To create a grouping with visual interest, shop for candles in different sizes and shapes.
(for each candle)
- About 20 inches of fine-gauge gold wire (available at crafts and jewelry-making stores)
- A handful of cranberries
- Wire cutters
1. Cut two pieces of wire, each several inches longer than the candle circumference.
3. String the desired number of cranberries onto one wire.
4. Wrap the wire around the bottom of the candle and twist ends together so berries are snug against the candle but not crushed.
5. Repeat with the second wire, arranging above the first; adjust spacing of cranberries as desired.
Continued on page 4: Holly Garland