Create a Simple Peppermint Swirl Ornament
Add this merry mint ornament to your holiday decor using inexpensive supplies.
What You'll Teed
- Felt: white and red
- Fabric glue
- Polyester fiberfill
- 9-inch length of lime-green rickrack
- 1-1/2-inch-wide picot-edged lime-green satin ribbon
- Black curtain clip
How to Make the Peppermint Shape
- Download the circle and swirl patterns by clicking on the link below.
- Trace both the circle and swirl-circle onto tracing paper and cut out.
- Draw two circles on white felt and two swirl-circles on red felt, and cut out the shapes.
- Using fabric glue, adhere a red swirl to each white circle, let dry.
- Machine-sew the swirl-circles felt onto the white circles.
- Place the assembled circles with wrong sides together.
- Sew the together, stuffing the shape with fiberfill before sewing the circles closed.
How to Top It Off
- To make a knotless bow, first fold the rickrack in half and sew it securely to the edge of the circle.
- Fold the green ribbon back and forth, forming two same-size loops and two tails.
- Gather the ribbon in the center and tie it with the rickrack to secure the ornament.
- Clip the hook over the center of the bow for a hanging loop.