Eating healthfully doesn't have to be boring. Spice up family suppers with a little imagination. Here's what works for moms on The Motherboard
- "I make it fun by decorating my daughter's plate with a broccoli "forest' or a funny face. Sometimes I let her have a picnic on the living room floor."
- "I combine the vegetables with another food they like—for example, pasta and peas."
- "I just act really excited about healthy foods!"
- "I serve the vegetables before the meat or starch, when the kids are hungry enough to eat anything."
- "Last summer we had our first garden, and everyone was in charge of tending to a different vegetable. The fact that the kids worked so hard to grow the food made them want to eat it."
- "I make the same meals they're used to but incorporate healthy ingredients like low-fat cheese and whole wheat pasta."
- "I don't tell them it's healthy."
Continued on page 3: