Static electricity and lackluster hair are the bane of winter; dry hair also is more prone to breakage. Noted hairstylist Ted Gibson shares these tips to beat winter hair woes.
- Shampoo less frequently. Daily cleansing strips hair of natural oils. Try shampooing every other day -- or wait even longer, if possible.
- Moisturize with hair cleansing products targeted at nourishing brittle locks.
- Blow-dry less often. Or lower the heat setting on the dryer.
- Limit the use of alcohol-based hair-styling products.
- Use a hair mask every other week to replenish strands.
- Stretch out the time between hair coloring treatments (which can be drying) with a color-depositing shampoo and conditioner.