1. Focus on your total health and well-being, including mind, body, and spirit, instead of focusing on weight loss or striving to reach an unrealistic weight.
2. Respect and accept the diversity of the physical attributes of your own body as well as the bodies of others.
3. Develop a true awareness of the pleasures of eating -- rely on internal hunger cues.
4. Enjoy a variety of foods rather than relying on limiting diets or strict meal plans.
5. Celebrate the joy of physical activity. Include a wide array of activities, rather than follow rigid routines or regimented exercises.
6. Honor and love yourself fully and authentically.