- Encourage return shoppers with a two-day sale. Post a sign saying prices will be reduced the next day.
- Take bids on expensive items. Ask customers to fill out a card with their names, phone numbers and bid, then sell the item to the top bidder.
- For best results, don't skimp on advertising. Flag your best items to attract the most buyers.
- Advertise "cash only," if that's your preference, then post a "cash only" sign at the sale.
- Advertise in shopper newspapers. Post notices on bulletin boards in grocery stores or laundromats. Post signs in visible places on the day of your sale to attract customers. (Check local ordinances regarding signposting first.)
Continued on page 5: The Day of the Sale