For each question, give yourself 1 point for Never, 2 for Very Infrequently, 3 for Occasionally, 4 for Often, and 5 for Always or Almost Always. If you score a 4 or more on most questions, it's likely you have sleep apnea and should consult your doctor.
1. Does your snoring disturb your bed partner?
2. Do you snore in all sleeping positions?
3. Has someone told you that you stop breathing for a long time between snores?
4. Does your snoring ever wake you suddenly?
5. Are you tired when the alarm goes off?
6. Is it hard for you to get out of bed when you wake up?
7. Are you tired during the day?
8. Do you fall asleep in front of the TV, at the movies, or in church?
9. Have you ever been in a car accident because you fell asleep while driving?
Adapted from Snoring from A to ZZZZ: Proven Cures for the Night's Worst Nuisance by Derek S. Lipman, M.D. (Spencer Press, 1996).