For your next family trip to the beach, here are some precautions to follow and ideas for equipment to make and take.
On large beaches it's easy for kids (and parents) to lose track of the family's spot. For an easy marker, make a family flag.
1. Paint your family name and some designs on the flag. You might use decorations that are meaningful to family members, such as school colors, sports logos, hobbies, etc.
2. Attach the to an old broomstick. Use a staple gun or strong tape.
3. Keep it handy for your next family outing. Put it in the trunk and keep it there for beach outings, camping, soccer games, reunions, picnics, and other family events.
Include an inflatable wading pool with your beach supplies for little ones who aren't big enough to brave the waves but still want to splash in the water.
1. Set the pool up near your beach chairs.
2. Enlist a bucket brigade to provide the water.
Pack a washable backpack with everything you need for the beach but tend to forget: