Include an inflatable wading pool with your beach supplies for little ones who aren't big enough to brave the waves but still want to splash in the water.
- Inflatable pool
- Portable hand pump
- Small pails
1. Set the pool up near your beach chairs.
2. Enlist a bucket brigade to provide the water.
- Never leave the child unattended in the pool.
- Make sure you provide shade: the water's reflection adds to the sun's intensity. A beach umbrella works wonderfully.
- If you leave the area for a while and return, make sure the water hasn't gotten too hot before you put baby in the pool.
- Provide lots of sand and water toys for hours of fun in and around the water.
Continued on page 3: Other Supplies