Family First-Aid Kit
Whether you go by car, bus, or plane, keep these supplies on hand "just in case."
Here's what to pack:
- Bottled water for drinking and for cleaning wounds
- Adhesive bandages, large and small
- Antibacterial soap
- Antibacterial ointment to put on under a bandage after washing the area thoroughly
- Anti-itch formulas for bug bites, bee stings, and rashes
- Acetaminophen or other child-safe pain reliever/fever reducer (not aspirin)
- Paper towels and tissues
- Something for upset stomachs -- antidiarrheal and antacid remedies.
Make sure you always keep your doctor's phone number with you. And remember, even if you're able to do first aid on the spot, many injuries need to be looked at by your family physician after you get home.