What You Need:
These critters will shade you
from the heat of the sun.
- Plastic visors (red for the crab; blue, gray, white, or black for the shark; as desired for the fish)
- Fun foam (red for the crab; blue, gray, white, or black for the shark; as desired for the fish)
- Two 4-inch pieces of red chenille stem (for the crab visor)
- 2 black pom-poms (for the crab visor)
- 2 tiny white pom-poms or circles of fun foam (for the crab visor)
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
1. Download the free patterns for the visors. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software). Enlarge each pattern 200 percent on a photocopier.
2. Trace the shapes onto the fun foam. Cut out and hot-glue shapes to the visors.
3. For the crab's eyes, glue the white pom-poms or fun-foam circles to the black popm-poms. Glue the black pom-poms onto the chenille stems. Glue the chenille stems to the inside top edge of the visor, so the white areas face forward.