You'll be amazed at how quickly
these treats will disappear!
- 18 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Gummy worms, candy corn, and other Halloween candies
2. For syrup mixture, butter the sides of a heavy 2-quart saucepan. In saucepan combine sugar, water, corn syrup, vinegar, and salt. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils, stirring to dissolve sugar (about 6 minutes).
3. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan. Reduce heat to medium; continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate, stirring occasionally, until thermometer registers 250 degrees F, hard-ball stage (about 20 minutes).
4. Remove saucepan from heat; remove thermometer. Stir in vanilla. Pour syrup mixture over the hot popcorn and stir gently to coat, adding candies. Cool till the popcorn mixture can be handled easily. With buttered hands, quickly shape the mixture into 2-inch diameter balls. Wrap each popcorn ball in plastic wrap. Makes about 20 popcorn balls.