Seeing is believing with this Halloween treat.
When your hungry goblins are in the mood, serve them the special of the haunted house.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 oz. vanilla-flavored candy coating
- 20 candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- Red and black decorator gel icing
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter and butter. Gradually add powdered sugar, stirring until combined.
2. Shape into 1-inch balls; place on waxed paper. Let stand about 20 minutes or until dry.
3. In a small saucepan melt candy coating over low heat. Dip ball, one at a time, into coating. Let excess coating drip off peanut butter balls. Place on waxed paper.
4. Immediately press a candy-coated chocolate piece into the center of each peanut butter ball. Let stand until coating is firm. Add a dot of black gel to the center of candy pieces for pupils. Drizzle red gel onto balls for bloodshot eyes. Makes about 20 eyeballs.