See below for complete project instructions.
What You Need:
- Metallic paint pens in purple and gold
- Gems in oval and rectangular shapes
- Small metallic beads to match gems
1. To draw the spider web, use metallic purple paint pen. Start by following the vertical crevices in the pumpkin. Use the photographs as guides, making the lines different lengths. When all of the vertical lines are painted, draw the horizontal lines, making them slightly scalloped and about 1 inch apart. Let the paint dry.
2. Decide where to add the spiders. Using the pen, place a small amount of metallic gold paint on the back of the gem for body. Use an oval gem for a large spider or a rectangular gem for a small spider. Place onto the pumpkin. If making a large spider, use a rectangular gem for the head. Apply paint to the back of the gem and place it above the oval body. Outline the spiders using metallic gold paint pen. Press two bead eyes to the top of the head. Paint on legs and let dry.
3. Paint the stem of the pumpkin using metallic gold paint pen. Let the paint dry.