- Large and small pumpkins
- Two 3-inch-long nails
- Safety glasses
- Wire cutters
- Black permanent marker
- Wood plug or button
- Ribbon and trim for hat
- Small black felt hat
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Rectangular piece of fabric for scarf
- Colored rickrack
- 1 small, 2 medium, and 2 large wood stars
- Acrylic paints in yellow, orange, lime green, black, dark orange, and purple
- Dried leaves
1. Choose two pumpkins that will stack well together to make a shape like a snowman. Break the stem off the larger pumpkin. Pound two nails halfway into the top of the large pumpkin. Wearing safety glasses, clip off the nail heads with a wire cutter. Press the smaller pumpkin down onto the nails. Draw a face on the pumpkin with a black permanent marker.
2. Use a button or wood plug painted dark orange for the nose. Glue on with hot glue. Add ribbon and trim to the purchased hat with glue. Tie a rectangular strip of fabric around the neck. Glue on colored rickrack for trim.
3. Paint the small and medium wood stars yellow. Paint the large stars lime green. Brush a very small amount of orange in the points of the yellow stars. Paint the edges of the medium yellow stars black. Add two small black dots to the center of each yellow star by dipping the handle end of paintbrush into paint and dotting onto surface. Let dry.
4. Glue the medium stars onto the large stars to make buttons. Glue the small star on the hat and the layered stars on the snowman's belly.
5. Paint the leaves using acrylic paint. Let dry. Pierce holes in the sides of the large pumpkin for arms. Insert small sticks into holes. Hot-glue the painted leaves onto the sticks.