What You Need:The beloved children's rhyme has never looked so good!
- Large pumpkin
- Wide paint markers in purple, turquiose, and black
- Air-dry clay, such as Crayola Model Magic
- Acrylic paints in blue, white, orange, black, gray, and red
- Straight pins
- Thick white crafts glue
- Drawer pull
- Fencing staples
- Miniature garden hoe
1. Wash and dry the pumpkin. Use a pencil to draw the lettering and door where desired. Make the lines wavy.
2. Cut out door shape. Cut out windowpanes. Scrape out the insides of the pumpkin.
3. Draw the words boldly using paint markers. Alternate the colors on each row. Add a black shadow to one side and to the bottom of each letter.
4. To make clay birds, shape a round head with neck and attach it to another round body shape. Form a small cone and cut down the center for the beak. Attach to the head. Let dry. Paint birds blue, eyes white, and pupils black. Paint beaks orange.
5. Wind a handful of raffia into a nest and place on top of pumpkin. Pin and glue nest and birds in place.
6. For the chimney, cut a piece of foam into a small rectangle. Paint gray, let dry, and paint in red bricks. Let dry. Pin in place on top of pumpkin.
7. Press drawer pull into door. Insert the ends only of two staples, one on the door and one on the pumpkin wall. Insert hoe through the staples.