Perfect Painted Pumpkins
Think it takes too much time to a pumpkin? Why not try painting a pumpkin using our easy instructions.
To paint a pumpkin, try these tips:
- Test latex or acrylic paints on a hidden spot on the pumpkin. Pumpkins have a waxy surface that repels some paints.
- Use a latex primer if you want to change the color of the pumpkin.
- After the primer has dried, brush or spray a coat of paint onto the entire pumpkin. For deeper color, apply a second coat.
- Paint designs with latex or acrylic paint using a fine-tip artist's brush. Or try an acrylic paint pen for greater control.
- Age the surface with an antiquing stain, if desired.
- Apply a coat of polyurethane to protect the painted design and to make the pumpkin shine.