The details complementing the checkerboard pattern are made with easy-to-do dots and scribbles from a permanent marking pen.
- Acrylic metallic paints in teal and purple
- 1-inch flat paintbrush
- Metallic gold permanent marking pen
- Pencil with round-tip eraser
1. Paint checkerboard. Paint a teal checkerboard design on the pumpkin. To begin, start with the center of the pumpkin. Paint 1-inch squares around the center of the pumpkin. Continue making 1-inch checks over the entire pumpkin, alternating the positions as shown. Let the paint dry.
2. Decorate checkerboard. To add squiggles, draw them on top of the painted checkerboard as desired. Let it dry. To add dots between the painted checks, dip the eraser end of a pencil into purple paint. Carefully dot on the surface where desired. Let the paint dry.
Continued on page 2: Wire-wrapped Pumpkin