What You Need
- Small white pumpkins
- Acrylic spray varnish in desired sheen
- Artist's brushes: small flat or round
- Black acrylic crafts paint
- Black card stock
- Black tape
- Floral wire
- Black tray
How to Make It
- Spray the pumpkin surfaces with acrylic spray varnish and let dry. This will allow the paint to adhere to the pumpkins.
- Trace the patterns and transfer the designs onto the pumpkins.
- Using an artist's brush that best fits the area, paint the designs with black acrylic; let dry. Spray on a final application of varnish; let dry.
- Cut bat shapes from black card stock.
- Cut various lengths of floral wire and apply black spray paint; let dry.
- Use black tape to attach a card stock bat to each length of floral wire.
- Arrange the painted pumpkins on a black tray, and stick the wired bats into one of the pumpkins.