This monster will have you wrapped with fear when his black piercing eyes stare at you.
What You Need:
- Marking pen; paring knife
- Smooth white pumpkins
- Spoon or ice cream scoop
- 2 flat toothpicks
- 2 black marbles
- Strong adhesive for glass, such as E6000
How to Make It
1. Draw a line around pumpkin top. Cut off top.
2. Scoop out the insides. We like to use a large ice cream scoop to make the job go faster.
3. Cut the following slits using the picture for inspiration: two for the eyes, wide and tall enough to accommodate the marbles; one for the end of the nose; and one for the mouth. Cut more slits around the gourd and on the edges of the lid.
4. Place a toothpick vertically into each eye opening in the gourd, where the marble is desired. Glue the marble to the toothpick. Let dry.
Protect the work surface with newspapers or a plastic tablecloth. Cut off the top or bottom of the pumpkin, cutting a small notch for easy alignment. Scoop out the pumpkin using a strong spoon or ice cream scoop. Clean off the soft side of the lid as well. Carve carefully and slowly with a long, thin, sharp knife. Special pumpkin-cutting tools are also available wherever Halloween supplies are sold.
Bonus Idea: Wrapped Pumpkin
Want to make a mummy pumpkin without carving? We've got an easy no-carve pumpkin idea that's sure to scare!
Get the wrapped mummy pumpkin how-to!