Adorable Mummy Pumpkins
Looking for a scary pumpkin carving to add some fright to your front porch? Try this spooky mummy pumpkin to spice up your night.
This monster will have you wrapped with fear when his black piercing eyes stare at you.
What You Need:
- Marking pen; paring knife
- Smooth white pumpkins
- Spoon or ice cream scoop
- 2 flat toothpicks
- 2 black marbles
- Strong adhesive for glass, such as E6000
How to Make It
1. Draw a line around pumpkin top. Cut off top.
2. Scoop out the insides. We like to use a large ice cream scoop to make the job go faster.
3. Cut the following slits using the picture for inspiration: two for the eyes, wide and tall enough to accommodate the marbles; one for the end of the nose; and one for the mouth. Cut more slits around the gourd and on the edges of the lid.
4. Place a toothpick vertically into each eye opening in the gourd, where the marble is desired. Glue the marble to the toothpick. Let dry.
Protect the work surface with newspapers or a plastic tablecloth. Cut off the top or bottom of the pumpkin, cutting a small notch for easy alignment. Scoop out the pumpkin using a strong spoon or ice cream scoop. Clean off the soft side of the lid as well. Carve carefully and slowly with a long, thin, sharp knife. Special pumpkin-cutting tools are also available wherever Halloween supplies are sold.
Bonus Idea: Wrapped Pumpkin
Want to make a mummy pumpkin without carving? We've got an easy no-carve pumpkin idea that's sure to scare!
Get the wrapped mummy pumpkin how-to!