Make Halloween Cars out of Pumpkins & Gourds
Combine pumpkins and miniature gourds to create cars for your Halloween display.
What You'll Need
- Flame pattern (available for download below)
- One large pumpkin
- Black paint
- One medium-size gourd
- Assorted small gourds (for wheels)
- Carving tools
- Wooden skewers
- Artificial raven
- Artificial mouse
How to Make It
- Transfer the flame pattern onto the side of the large pumpkin. Paint the flames black; let dry.
- Cut out a square-shape opening above the flames (on the side of the pumpkin) to form the driver's seat.
- Cut out a square-shape opening in the side of the medium-size gourd to form a driver's seat.
- Remove the insides of the pumpkin and gourd.
- Cut shallow, circular openings for wheels on the sides of the pumpkin and the gourd.
- Slice off the tops of four gourds using a knife. Poke a wooden skewer into the back of each wheel. Then poke the skewers into the wheel openings on the sides of the pumpkin. Attach another gourd slice (for the steering wheel) to the driver's seat opening using a skewer.
- Use a knife to slice the tops off two very small gourds. Attach the gourd wheels to the rear of the gourd car using skewers. Attach two small whole gourds to the front of the gourd car with wooden skewers.
- Pose the artificial raven and mouse in the drivers' seats of the cars.