Make a Pumpkin Tower
An abundance of pumpkins and gourds stack up and gather round an entryway, casting a welcoming spell for a fall soiree as well as trick-or-treaters.
How to Make It
1. Start with seven pale pumpkins (naturally white varieties include 'Lumina', 'Valenciano', and 'Casper') in graduated sizes.
Make Magical Allium Wands
- Magically transform allium (ornamental onion) seed heads from the garden in four quick steps. Gather floral spray paint, spray adhesive, glitter, and a can of spray polyurethane sealant.
- Start by applying spray paint in the color of your choice.
- Once it dries, spray on the adhesive, and then immediately dust the allium heads with glitter.
- Spray on the sealant to protect it. Note: Do this project outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- Among the smallest of pumpkins, 'Baby Boo' and 'Sweet Lightning' make ghostly torches that resemble levitating luminaries. Use a melon baller to hollow the fruits.
- Then perforate them with a drill.
- Use two fender washers (1/8 x 3/4 inch) and a threaded nail help hold a tea light inside each little lantern and support its balancing act atop a bamboo stake.