Humpty Dumpty Pumpkin for Halloween
Craft a classic storybook character pumpkin for Halloween that comes together with a little paint and a few pieces of folded paper.
How to Make It
- Download the free pattern for this project; transfer the face pattern onto the pumpkin. Paint the eyes white. Paint the mouth, nose, and eyeballs black. Spray with varnish to set paint.
- Using the foot pattern, cut two feet from red paper.
- To make the paper chain legs, lay one purple paper strip and one black paper strip perpendicular to each other, overlapping the pieces at one end; glue into place.
- Fold the vertical strip of paper over the horizontal strip. Then fold the horizontal strip over the vertical strip.
- Repeat previous step by alternately folding the vertical and horizontal strips over each other until you have one long chain. Once you have folded the entire strip, glue the ends together to secure the chain. Pull the ends to loosen the chain and show both paper colors. Repeat with a second set of paper strips to create the second leg.
- Glue a red foot piece to the bottom of each paper chain. Glue the other ends of the chains to the bottom of the painted pumpkin.
- Top the pumpkin with a metal funnel for a hat.