Haunted Pumpkin on Boo Avenue
Fit for ghouls of every sort, this miniature mansion makes a most haunting centerpiece.
What You Need:Add dried flowers as a finishing touch to this spooky centerpiece.
- Tracing paper
- Heavy black paper
- 1/8-inch square dowel
- Thick white crafts glue
- Acrylic paints in purple, green, orange, and white
- Alphabet macaroni
- 4-inch-long metal banner and a 1-1/2-inch-wide metal sign (available with the miniatures in craft stores)
- Medium-size pumpkin
- Brush-on white glitter
- 8-inch foam wreath
- Assorted dried flowers
- Miniature tree (available in crafts shops with the miniature village items)
2. Trace the patterns. Cut out. Trace the shapes on black paper and cut out. Cut an 8-1/2 x 5-1/2-inch piece of black paper for roof. Cut pieces of dowel to frame and add crossbars to each window and door. Glue in place. Let dry.
3. Paint the dowel pieces purple. Let dry. Add green stripes. Let dry. Paint orange checks along the edge of the roof. Let dry. Glue alphabet macaroni onto the banner to spell BOO AVENUE. Glue the word BEWARE on the sign. Glue an O on the door for the doorknob. Let dry.
4. Paint the macaroni white. Add green shading to letters. Paint doorknob orange. Let dry. Glue the door, windows, and BOO AVENUE banner to one side of the pumpkin. Let dry. Fold the roof piece in half. Cut an X in the center to slip over the stem. Pleat roof once on each side of fold as shown in photo. Place over stem.
5. Paint glitter on the stem, roof, and pumpkin. Let dry. Place pumpkin in wreath. Cover wreath by poking in dried flowers. Add the BEWARE sign and miniature tree.