Gauzy Glow Pumpkin for Halloween
Mummify your doorstep with this no-carve mummy pumpkin decorating idea. Grab some strips of cheesecloth and googly eyes to make a spooky pumpkin King Tut would be proud to call his own.
continue reading below
What You'll Need
- Fabric stiffener
- Artificial pumpkin
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- 1-inch googly eyes
- Crafts knife
- Black acrylic paint
- Glow-in-the-dark gel paint (We used Plaid Glo Away.)
How to Make It
- Cut cheesecloth into 4x12-inch strips. Fold strips in half lengthwise. Apply fabric stiffener, following manufacturer's instructions. Apply strips to pumpkin, leaving the top and bottom of the pumpkin uncovered. Let dry.
- Hot-glue eyes to pumpkin, creating a scary pumpkin face.
- Next, cut four 4x6-inch strips of cheesecloth. Fold strips in half lengthwise. Apply fabric stiffener, following manufacturer's instructions.
- Cover each eye diagonally so a little of each eye peeks out. This will create a unique Halloween pumpkin design, and a more convincing-looking mummy. Let dry.
- Cut out a small mouth from the layers of cheesecloth using a crafts knife. Paint the inside of the mouth black.
- Brush glow-in-the-dark gel paint onto cheesecloth. Let dry. Enjoy your cool, no-carve pumpkin!