What You'll Need
- White pumpkin
- Pencil for tracing shapes before cutting
- Carving knife
- Hot-glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Sunflower seeds (in shells)
- Two crafts sticks
- Candle or battery-operated light
How to Make It
- Cut a hole in the bottom of the pumpkin and remove all the pulp and seeds.
- Trace two small circles for eye holes and a small upside down triangle for the beak. Cut out the shapes.
- Hot-glue the sunflower seeds one at a time in two circles around one eye hole. Glue the outer circle first, then adhere the inner one. Repeat for the other eye hole.
- Snap two crafts sticks into pieces 1-2 inches long. For the ears: Hot-glue five seeds to the end of one piece of craft stick (as shown); repeat to make the other ear. For the feet: Hot-glue three seeds to the end of one piece of craft stick (as shown); repeat to make the other foot.
- Cut small slits in the pumpkin to insert the ears and feet craft sticks. Insert the plain end of each stick into the slits.
- Place a candle or battery-operated light inside the pumpkin.