What You Need:
- Hollow brown paper pumpkin (available in crafts stores)
- Sharp utility or crafts knife
- Acrylic paints in orange, green, and white
- White glue
- Glitter in orange and green
- Wire cutters
- Draw a horizontal line around the paper pumpkin to indicate where to cut it in half. Cut along the line with a sharp utility or crafts knife.
- Paint the outside of the pumpkin orange. Paint the inside green. Add white highlights if desired. Let the paint dry.
- Use an awl to pierce holes through the stem and on each side of the bottom piece as shown, opposite, to insert wire.
- Coat the outside of the pumpkin and stem with white glue. Sprinkle orange and green glitters onto the wet glue. Let the glue dry.
- Cut a piece of wire approximately 20 inches long. Insert the wire into the hole in the pumpkin stem. Wrap the wire ends around a pencil three or four times to make a coil. Insert the wire ends into the holes in the bottom piece. To secure, pinch the ends up with pliers. Adjust the lid as desired.