Charmed Box Painted Pumpkin
When the light falls upon this paper pumpkin, the glitter will sparkle with vibrant color. Use it to hold Halloween candy or other treasures for your favorite kids in costume.
continue reading below
- Draw a horizontal line around the paper pumpkin to indicate where to cut it in half. Cut along the line with a sharp utility or crafts knife.
- Paint the outside of the pumpkin orange. Paint the inside green. Add white highlights if desired. Let the paint dry.
- Use an awl to pierce holes through the stem and on each side of the bottom piece as shown, opposite, to insert wire.
- Coat the outside of the pumpkin and stem with white glue. Sprinkle orange and green glitters onto the wet glue. Let the glue dry.
- Cut a piece of wire approximately 20 inches long. Insert the wire into the hole in the pumpkin stem. Wrap the wire ends around a pencil three or four times to make a coil. Insert the wire ends into the holes in the bottom piece. To secure, pinch the ends up with pliers. Adjust the lid as desired.