No Halloween party is complete without a spider or two to spin some smiles.
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat.)
2. Cut off the top of the pumpkin. Scoop out.
3. Trace the spider pattern. Place the pattern on the pumpkin and slip a piece of transfer paper between the pumpkin and the pattern. Trace the pattern to transfer the lines to the pumpkin.
4. Carefully carve the pumpkin, following the pattern. Carve random lines around the spider, carving into the skin only.
5. Place a candle in the pumpkin. Replace the lid and light the candle through a carved area.
Note: Never leave a burning candle unattended or in the reach of children.