What You Need:Traditional jack-o'-lanterns mingle with drilled pumpkins for a fun mix.
- Sharp knife
- Spoon or ice cream scoop
- Black latex paint
- Drill and drill bits in various sizes
- White Christmas tree lights, candles, or battery-operated pumpkin lights
- Tracing paper
- Transfer paper
2. Cut off the top of each pumpkin. Scoop out.
3. To make a black pumpkin, paint the pumpkin skin with latex paint. Let it dry.
4. Drill a desired pattern or random holes in the pumpkin. If using string lights, cut a small hole near the bottom of the pumpkin for the electrical cord. Place the light source in pumpkin.
5. To make a pumpkin with a carved face, enlarge and trace a pattern to the desired size or draw your own pattern on tracing paper. Place the pattern on the pumpkin and slip transfer paper between the pumpkin and the pattern. Trace the lines. Carefully carve the pumpkin, following the drawn lines.