Make Monstrously Cool Pumpkins
Stretch your creativity beyond simple carving. Add playful eyes and gourds to this year's pumpkins to make easy, silly monsters.
What You Need:
For a list of tools, tips, and techniques, such as transferring your pattern, please see
continue reading below
How To Make It:
- Transfer the patterns onto pumpkins. Editor's Tip: Use a gray pumpkin to make an alien.
- Using a knife or carving tools, cut out the openings.
- Use a gouge to cut into the teeth, cutting just deep enough to make them "pearly-whites."
- Drill large holes into the pumpkins to receive the gourd antennae (for the left and center pumpkins) and the gourd nose (for the far-right pumpkin).
- Paint the outside of clear plastic ornaments in bright colors for eyeballs.
- Cut large white circles and smaller black circles from crafts foam for eyes.
- Glue the circles together and add red veins using a felt-tip marking pen.
- Hot-glue the eyes onto the painted eyeballs. Except for the one-eyed alien, hot-glue the assembled eyes in place.
- For the one-eyed alien, cut a circle in the front of the pumpkin and slip an eyeball in place.
- If desired, cut a tongue from pink crafts foam and slip it into a mouth.