What You Need:
For a list of tools, tips, and techniques, such as transferring your pattern, please see
How To Make It:
- Transfer the pattern onto the pumpkin, using the stem for the nose.
- Using a knife or carving tools, cut out the openings.
- Use a gouge to cut into the eyes and cut lines around the eyes, cutting just deep enough to reveal the pumpkin's inner rind.
- Choose two long, sturdy tree branches from your yard for legs. Wrap each with white and red duct tape, alternating the colors.
- Place the witch hat on the ground with the pumpkin face upside-down on top.
- Push legs into the ground and add shoes.
- Drape a cape or black fabric on the ground around the pumpkin.