What You Need:
this superstitious feline to life.
- Sharp knife
- Foam pumpkin
- Wood-carving tools
- Tracing paper
- Plastic animal eyes
- Black acrylic paint
- Black marker
- Black craft foam
- Straight pins
- Gold wire
1. Download the free pattern for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Cut off the top of the pumpkin and discard the lid. Invert the pumpkin so the cut opening rests on your work surface. Trim the opening if it doesn't sit flat.
3. Poke two holes in the top front of the pumpkin and insert the plastic animal eyes through the holes.
4. Enlarge and trace the patterns, right. Cut out the shapes. Using a marker, outline the cat's body on the pumpkin. Fill in the outline with black paint. Using the image as a guide, cut out pieces of the pumpkin to make the cat design stand out.
5. Cut two V-shape slits above the cat's eyes. Cut out black foam ears and a tail. Insert the base of the ears into the slits. Pin the cat's tail in place. Poke in 5-inch wire whiskers.