What You'll Need
- Pumpkin (large enough to accommodate pattern)
- Free stencil
- Carving tools (gouge, knife)
- Black acrylic paint
- Spray varnish
How to Make It
- Download the free crow stencil.
- Cut an opening in the bottom of the pumpkin and remove the pulp and seeds from the inside.
- Transfer the pattern onto the pumpkin.
- Use a gouge to carve the decorative shapes around the opening -- deep enough to reveal the inner rind.
- Paint the crow black.
- Cut out the opening around the crow with a knife.
- Retouch the paint if necessary.
- Spray with varnish to set the paint.