Make a Bats-in-the-Belfry Pumpkin
Make this easy design by carving some simple architecture into your pumpkin. Add a swarm of plastic bats for a creepy effect.
continue reading below
What You'll Need
- Knife or carving tools
- Black crafts paint
- Heavy-gauge wire
- Plastic bats
How to Make It
- Transfer the pattern onto the pumpkin.
- Using a knife or carving tools, cut out the openings.
- Use a gouge to cut the shingles, cutting just deep enough to reveal the pumpkin's inner rind.
- Paint the roof and belfry outlines black.
- Cut three lengths of heavy-gauge wire. Push one end of each wire into a plastic bat.
- Push the wired bats into the pumpkin.