Make a Happy Aunt Hattie Pumpkin
Tired of carving? Use creativity and pretty accessories to turn a plain pumpkin into a wacky character named "Aunt Hattie."
What You Need:
For a list of tools, tips, and techniques, such as transferring your pattern, please see
How To Make It:
- For an instant nose, choose a pumpkin with a long stem. Place the pumpkin on its side.
- Carve a small slit below the stem to insert wax lips.
- Push two post earrings into the pumpkin for the eyes.
- Keeping the eyeglasses folded, set them in place and mark a dot at each temple. At each dot, cut a slit large enough to slip the eyeglasses arms into the pumpkin.
- Use long pins to secure chandelier crystals (or crystal beads from crafts stores) for easy earrings.
- Top the pumpkin with a lampshade that fits the shape. Use hot glue to decorate the lampshade with costume jewelry pins and beaded trim.