Point partygoers in the right direction with invitations that use a wart-covered hand and adhesive fingernails for a chilling effect.
What You Need
- Black card stock
- Scrapbook paper with white dots on black
- Scissors: straight and zigzag
- Tracing paper
- Green textured card stock
- Paper punch
- 7-inch piece black ribbon
- Red adhesive fingernails
- Crafts glue
- Pen with white or silver ink
continue reading below
- Cut an 11-x-3-1/4-inch rectangle from black card stock and scrapbook paper. Use zigzag scissors to trim 1/2 inch from one short edge of the black rectangle.
- Trace the witch-hand pattern from the pattern pack onto the tracing paper. Cut out the traced shape. Trace the shape onto green textured card stock. Cut out card the stock shape.
- Lay the witch hand over the black card stock rectangle, and then lay them both over the dotted scrapbook paper rectangle. Line up all the flat edges at the top.
- Punch two holes through all three layers of paper. Thread a ribbon through the holes and tie it in a bow. Use glue to attach a fingernail to the forefinger; let dry.
- Use the pen to write the party details on the invitation. A red acrylic fingernail on a warty hand cut from textured green paper points guests to the party details.